InSilesia – Investment SFR Award Competition
The competition is aimed at startups and enterprises from the SME sector implementing innovative solutions (products, services, processes) that can be used in regions implementing economic transformation processes, as well as post-industrial.
The competition is international: technology transfer to Silesia and internationalization of Silesian technologies in the world.
The competition is an integral part of the European Future Forum event, the final session of which will be combined with the settlement of the competition and the award ceremony, which will take place on the 2nd day of the Forum (October 7, 2021). Participation in the competition is free.
The content partner of the startup competition during the European Future Forum is Plug and Play, an accelerator from the Silicon Valley, bringing together young technology companies, global corporations and investors. Plug and Play connects the best technological startups with the world’s largest corporations.
This famous business accelerator will look for the first unicorn in the Silesian Voivodeship during the InSilesia – Investment SFR Award Competition. Startups in Plug and Play programs have access to world-class mentors who help them with business coaching and consulting.
The Plug and Play network consists of over 30,000 start-ups, over 500 leading global corporations and hundreds of venture capital companies, universities and government agencies from many industries. Together with partners, a unique ecosystem is created for the development and implementation of tomorrow’s technologies.
The aim of the competition is to promote enterprising people who create innovative enterprises and to develop an innovative economy
- Additionally, the competition is to select technological solutions that support and accelerate the development goals of the region
- The competition creates opportunities for young entrepreneurs to implement their own concepts through active networking / matchmaking with Investors present during the event
- Participation in the competition gives start-ups the opportunity to develop, scale their business and build brand recognition in the international arena
Entities participating in the competition must meet the following criteria and belong to one of the groups:
- A natural person or a group of natural persons developing innovative solutions (products, services, processes) that can be used in regions implementing economic transformation processes.
- A micro, small or medium-sized enterprise developing innovative solutions (products, services, processes) that can be used in regions implementing economic transformation processes.
- The applicant companies should have a product in the MVP phase (minimum viable product) – the basic version of the product with a sufficient number of functionalities to meet the needs of potential customers.
How to prepare a project presentation?
Stages of the competition
Announcing the competition and submitting applications:
23.07.2021 – 17.09.2021
Selection of 20 startups from among the submitted applications:
18.09.2021 – 28.09.2021
The Organizer and the Competition Partner Team evaluate the submitted Participants’ Presentations. The Twenty Participants (Finalists) with the best scores will go to stage 3.
Mentoring workshops with a Partner on the 30.09.2021 and on the 5.10.2021
Competition finalists will be invited to participate in an on-line workshop with a Plug and Play Austria GmbH Partner, during which they will work on preparation for the final pitching session.
Stage 3 – Pitching
Pitching Session – Final – 7.10.2021.
The presentations of the Competition Finalists will take place during the second day of the European Future Forum. During 3-minute speeches, participants will present their solutions to the jury. Each startup will get an additional two minutes for questions from the Jury and the audience (also online). The jury will select the Winner and two Laureates. Then the Awards will be presented.
The deadline for submitting applications for the competition has been extended until 17.09.2021!
Due to the growing interest in our startup InSilesia Investment SFR Award competition, we are extending the deadline for submitting projects to the competition until 17.09.2021.
Nikolaus Munaretto from Plug and Play Tech Center Vienna invites you to take part in the competition